Lions Clubs International
The Founder Lions Club of San Antonio, Texas
The World's Oldest Lions Club
of the San Antonio Founder Lions Club
Note: Newsletters are in PDF file format which requires a browser plug-in or application such as Adobe Reader. Journals are from 2MB to 4MB in size and may take from 10 to 30 seconds to download and open.
Click on the Newsletter date to open.
- 18 April 2013 - Highlights from presentations by Lexi Maxwell, Wildlife Urban Interface Specialist with the Texas A&M Forest Service and Dr's Beth Goethe, PhD and Martha Leatherman, MD who are with Dignity First and spoke on “Memory Problems: Normal or Demena?”, along with features of upcoming programs for 1 and 15 May. See the newsletter for detail.
- 21 March 2013 - Highlights from visit of King Rey Feo LXV along with features of upcoming programs for 3 and 17 April. See Calendar or visit the newsletter for detail.
- 21 February 2013 - Highlights from the Valentine Social along with features of upcoming programs for 6 and 20 March. See Calendar or newsletter for details.
- 17 January 2013 - Highlighting the celebration ofLion Henry Simm's 95th Birthdayalong with the upcoming program for 20 February, Dr. Nathan McCarthy, UIW Eye Institute Rosenburg School of Optometry speaking on a "Vision of the Future".
- 03 January 2013 - Highlighting the celebration ofLion Jan Wolf's 90th Birthday Celebrationalong with upcoming programs for 16 January, Dr. Arlan G. Richardson, UT Health Science Center, speaking to "Current Aging studies and research" and our 6 February program, the Honorable Philip A. Kazen, Jr., who will speak on "Criminal Justice System Perspectives".
- 20 December 2012 - Introducing programs for January 2 - Lion Mary Jane Chisholm speaking on the Leader Dog Program and 16 January, Dr Arlan G. Richardson, UT Health Science Center, speaking on Current Aging Studies and Research. Also highlighted are the Club's 2012 Poinsettia Project and our festive Seasonal Gala.
- 12 December 2012 - Highlighting the San Antonio Founder Lions Club's annual Christmas Gala along with our program for 19 December, Violinist Sonja Gary, accompanied by Lion Past President Mary Thomas. Also featured is the winner of the annual peace poster contest, Julianna Parrilla, an eighth grader at Clara Driscoll Elementary and a super reminder that ticket sales for Fiesta is just around the corner.
- 10 November 2012 - Introducing programs for 28 November - District Governor Richard Keilholz ......and... 5 December - Mike Robertson - "What's Up with this MIKE!" - along with updates from our lively programs, the induction of our newest member, Lion Marty Ross, and wishing Lion President Marc a very happy "50th" Birthday!!!!.
- 18 October 2012 - Introducing programs for 7 November - Dr. Rene Ramon -of the Franklin Chiropractic and Accident Clinic (no bones about this program) ......and... 28 November - District Governor Richard Keilholz - along with updates from our lively programs and wishing the SA Founders a Very Happy 97th Birthday!!!!.
- 20 September 2012 - Introducing programs for 3 October - Cindy Snell - Executive Director Bike Share/B-Cycle ......and... 17 October - Kevin Cooley - Drum Circle Facilitator & Corporate Trainer - along with updates and kudos from our Lions Camp Scholarship reciepients.
- 16 August 2012 - Introducing programs for 5 September - Eddie Aldrete - Senior VP @ IBC ......and... 19 Sept - Lawrence Reyes - Ambassador of Culture for RACKSPACE hosting - along with updates and details of the visit by the International President.
- 26 July 2012 - Introducing programs for 1 August - Andrew Forrest - "San Antonio Scorpions"......and... 15 Aug - Chris Holm - Superintendent, Government Ganyon State Natural Area" - along with a special tribute to Past President and District Governor, Lion Herb Morris.
- 30 June - FOUNDER LIONS CLUB END OF YEAR CELEBRATION Installation Edition